Wednesday, April 5, 2017

General McClellan Schmitz (Enlistment)

The Best General Of The Year

Now this the story all about how the Norths army-flipped upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
you'll wanna hear 
I'll tell you how I became the best general of the year

In Philadelphia, PA born and raised 
On the Military ground was where I spent most of my days
Shootin, Trainin, keepin my cool
Getting second in rank and beating out these fools!
People got jealous because I'm too good  
And I'd like to thank my parents for my childhood!
I got commissioned to lieutenant and they got a little scared
"He's a natural leader and commander", "I know" I declared.

They pleaded for my help day after day
So I said "ok!" and went on my way
I helped them for a while but I needed something different
I decided to build things but the work was too rigorous

The war had started and was getting a little bit bad
So they asked me to step in and be their comrade
So a leader I became and a good one at that
I spoke my mind about sticking together
And if it wasn't for me it wouldn't have gotten any better

I started teaching these kids about winning a war
When they just kept giving me stars a more
I was prompted to be general and called "Young Neapolitan"
So south just listen to me I'm not your congressman

I arrived in 1861 to one mess of a war
And I helped the Union lots, but what for?
I am better than that Lee guy, so listen to me here
This was how I became the best general of the year




No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog

A Civil War Remembrance